My photo
Bumblebee fanatic & wildlife lover living in, & taking inspiration from, the beautiful North East of England. I am accompanied on my journey through time & space by my special bloke, gorgeous girl, 3 daft cats, 5 fish & visiting, very shy, hedgehog.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Garden Visitor - Blackbird

I have been working on a mixed media painting of a blackbird who has taken to visiting me in my back garden. He and his mate come most days to feed on the offerings that I put out for the neighbourhood birds. When I am working in the garden he sits in the tree and watches me until I retreat into the house before flying off to get his girl and tell her that the coast is clear if she fancies some dinner.

The piece (one of the British Wildlife Series)  is worked in a number of different media - including inks, watercolours & acrylics. It is finished in a satin varnish.

I love watching the birds and other wildlife in the garden - the painting is a natural extension of this and I thoroughly enjoyed working it.

Prints are being prepared and will soon be available via etsy.

No comments: